I’ve seen this “101 Things in 1001 Days” post a few times, and I thought it was really cool. I’m typically a creature of habit, so it’s pretty hard to get me away from my routines, but I know that you can’t grow without being uncomfortable. That’s why, I’ve decided to say yes to this new journey and see where I end up. My main goal for this, is to gain some new experiences whether they be good or bad. I think it’s important at 21 that I begin to expand my horizons and start to figure myself out. This is the season of my life where I have lots of time and energy to do some of these things, and I want to take advantage of that. Lately I’ve been feeling like I wasted some of my time in college tucked away in my room watching Netflix and reading books. While yes, those things are still vey much needed in my life, I want to spend some time doing other things as well!
This challenge will take almost 3 years, so by summer of 2019, I will be done. It’s crazy to think what my life will look like then. I will have graduated (hopefully) and began my teaching career (again, hopefully). Obviously, I can’t plan out every detail (Lord knows I wish I could..), but I’m very excited to look back on this post and think about how far I’ve come since I started it!
To keep you guys updated on my progress, I’ll be putting a line through every number and marking the date next to it. I’ll also be making posts on some of my more memorable experiences so stay tuned! I’m sure some of them will be pretty hilarious because I do not do well with surprises, or really change for that matter (lol).
Here goes nothing….!
Start Date: September 9, 2016
End Date: June 7, 2019
Come up with 101 things.September 9, 2016
- Road trip to a city I’ve never been to before with friends.
- Go to a farmer’s market.
- Take a trip to Fredericksburg.
- Graduate College!
- Get a professional job.
- Write in my journal every day for a month.
- Paint pottery.
- Go to the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Work out 5 days a week for a month.
- Read all the Harry Potter books.
Get a new phone.December 25, 2016
- Reach 100 views on my blog.
Go out to a club/bar with some friends (I never do this).February 16, 2017 Buy a new lens for my camera.January 6, 2017
- Learn calligraphy.
- Get up at 6AM every day for 2 weeks.
Make a YouTube video.December 13, 2016 Make a semester 4.0 (again).December 14, 2016
- Send out Christmas cards (yeah it just might be my face and that’s okay lol #single).
- Buy fresh flowers for my apartment.
- Buy a lush bath bomb and use it.
- Buy some new succulents (mine died over the summer *ugh*)
- Go on a picnic with someone.
Go hiking and take lots of pictures.November 24, 2016
- Turn off all electronics at 7PM every night for a week.
- Go to bed at 10:30PM every night for 2 weeks (this one will probably happen when I’m teaching).
Go to a festival.December 1, 2016
- Go to a winery and taste different wines.
- Lean how to cook something new.
- Learn how to bake something new.
- Give a stranger a genuine compliment.
- Say yes to something you would normally say no to.
Get my Instagram (@verylex) to 300 followers.February 1, 2017
- Buy a new TV.
- Go to a pumpkin patch.
- Attend a ballet.
- Go to a concert.
- Pass the Teacher’s Cert. test for Texas.
- Participate in a 5K.
- Write a letter for myself to read on my 30th birthday.
- Buy an Eagles vinyl.
Learn how to do gel nails at home.September 9th, 2016
- Read for 30 minutes every night before bed for 2 weeks.
- Host a bachelor watch party (cheesy, but so fun!).
Redesign Verylex.com.February 24, 2017
- Send flowers to my mom.
- Travel to a new state.
- Watch the sunrise.
Inspire someone to write their own 101 list.September 15, 2016 (My cousin Brooke!)
- Go and pick out a real christmas tree (it doesn’t have to be for me).
- Go to the Trail of Lights in Austin, TX.
- Stay in a hotel with my friends.
- Take a yoga class.
- Fall in love.
- Have someone take professional pictures of me.
- Go to a flea market.
- Lean how to put on face makeup (conturing is hard people).
- Float the river at my school.
- Jump in the river at graduation.
- Paint a canvas.
- Go to the drive-in (again).
Learn how to work my DSLR.December 23, 2017
- Crotchet or knit a hat.
- Learn to sew.
- Learn how to wax.
- Have an 80’s movie marathon night.
- write 5 handwritten letters to friends.
Attend a wedding.February 11, 2017 Buy a new camera bag.December 26, 2016
- Go to a happy hour with friends.
- Drive around and look at christmas lights (while listening to christmas music obvi).
- Make my own wreath for my apartment.
- Complete a 30 day yoga challenge.
- Buy myself Kendra Scott earrings.
Buy frames and hang up some of my pictures.December 5, 2017
- Buy myself a nice set of makeup brushes.
- Write in my journal everyday for a month.
- Tailgate for a football game at my school.
Buy a daily planner that I can personalize.January 12, 2017 Take nice photos of someone.December 15, 2016 (My beautiful friend Rosa!) Organize all the files on my computer/camera.December 20, 2016
- Dress up for Halloween.
- Go to a Halloween party.
- Write a letter to myself for when 1001 days is over.
Buy a photoshop program.December 7, 2016
- Get up early and go to a coffee shop.
- Reconnect with my old high school coaches.
- Go on a shopping trip specifically for work clothes.
- Buy a piece of furniture for my apartment.
- Change my hair color.
- Buy a nice swim suit.
- Unplug completely for 24 hours (no phone, computer, etc.)
Start a new blog series.September 26, 2016 (Lex Talks.)
- Donate a toy to charity during Christmas time.
- Go through my closet and give a bunch of stuff away.
Buy a bluetooth speaker.December 26, 2016
- Try eyelash extensions.
- Bake a pie.
Buy an electric toothbrush.December 27, 2016
- Go to brunch with a friend.
That’s all I have! It seems so daunting to see this huge “to-do” list, but it makes me feel better knowing I have over 2 years to do them all. I’m really excited to see what comes of these things and how they’re going to play out!